The Wall Street Journal has an extensive article on the growing debate over the scope of practice for physician assistants and other mid-level practitioners. My experience is that a good PA or Nurse Practitioner can add great value to a physician’s professional productivity and personal quality of life. The Kentucky Medical Association is being cautious on the expanded use of PAs, saying they want to work with the PA community on developing a model for “”physician-led, patient-centered medical teams”. Amen to that. Get it down quick though. We are going to need a lot of bright minds and caring hearts at all levels to meet the growing demand created by the Affordable Care Act. Then the next big trick will be to ensure that M.D.s, P.A.s and N.P.s are all compensated fairly.
- Doctor Parking Only is brought to you by the Law Office of William J Cadigan, P.C.
News by Category
- A New Prescription for Physician Restrictive Covenants in Illinois... cadiganlaw.net/NewPrescriptio… 4 years ago
- If You Build It, They Will Come. Or Will They? wp.me/p1cOt6-7K 5 years ago
- Scope of Practice for PAs a Hot Issue doctorparkingonly.wordpress.com/2013/02/06/sco… 5 years ago
- When Doctors and Patients Are Friends on.wsj.com/WVuAJW via @WSJ 5 years ago
- Paperwork, costs push doctors out of practices - Washington Times: wtim.es/NLHF6e via @washtimes 6 years ago
Friend DPO on Facebook